Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Sweet dreams are made of these?

It’s hard to sleep these days. The past three weeks has been the worst feeling. It’s like a Nightmare on Elm Street movie where you have to stay up otherwise you’ll be slashed to pieces.

Around 1:30am I usually wake up. It’s a jumpy feeling I get that can’t be described other than that. I would be more accepting of the insomnia if the dreams didn’t start. A few years ago I was suffering from night terrors. I would have the recurring dream that a man with no face was chasing me. I would be forced to scream myself awake. I had one like this a couple of nights ago.

In the dream I was awoken by a loud knocking at the door. I got up to see what the commotion was all about. The pounding became more serious. I looked through the peephole and saw it was me. I seriously debated whether or not to let myself in. I hesitantly made the decision to let myself in. Once I opened the door I could just tell it wasn’t me, so I started the push the door closed and “it” pushed harder trying to get in. I looked out the peephole and it was the figure with no face trying to get me….again.

I ran down the hall and into the bedroom frantically because we have a sliding glass door in the bedroom. I knew he would try to break in that way. When I entered I saw just the bottom of the face peering from underneath the window shade. He was trying to get me. That’s when I woke up.

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen “it”. We’re not good friends.



No comments: